Saturday, August 11, 2007

Scavenger Hunt

Last Thursday, we had a scavenger hunt at my company. Our team was given a list of items, worth varying point values, to find and bring back for scoring. As we were searching for items at the mall, people kept asking who we worked for and commenting on how cool it was that we had events like this. The funny thing is that my boss had to go around and encourage (aka demand) our employees to participate. I think people were choosing not to participate because it made them appear to be busier, and therefore, more important than those who had time to play frivolous games. You hear about companies like Microsoft or Google that have pool tables or video games in their break rooms so that employees can blow off some steam and hang out together, and you see the creativity that springs from their teams. I think if we could change our employees' attitudes about things like team-building events, we would unleash a creative culture that really would make a difference in how we service our clients.

Enough of my philosophizing, here's some photos that show how much fun my team had.

Human pyramid in front of a fountain...need I say more.

One of our team members helping an elderly man into his car - unfortunately, I think she scared him more than helped him!

No comments: